Oil Change In Moreno Valley – Auto Repair Moreno Valley, CA
One of the dozens of services we do on a daily basis is doing oil changes. Every few thousand miles we need to do an oil change for our vehicles. Taking care of your engine is very important. We offer oil changes in Moreno Valley CA.
We offer fast oil changes. We know you have a busy schedule. We will accommodate it while giving you quality service.
To schedule an appointment, give us a call at 951-243-3237
WHY GET AN OIL CHANGE
In need of an oil change in Moreno Valley CA? You’ve come to the right place. Without regular oil change, you can expect your engine to experience wear and tear. Overtime, that wear and tear on the engine and parts can decrease the life of your car, so regular maintenance and oil changes is critical to maintainint a healthy car.
Every car owner should understand the value of maintaining one’s car. Speedy Auto Repair can help you achieve a smooth running vehicle with our oil change services. Taking care of your car’s engine to prevent problems in the future is just as crucial as having it repaired when it experiences a major problem.
Oil change is required after certain miles. In reality, this shouldn’t be too complicated. A car jack, a wrench, and some gloves can already get the job done. Unfortunately, not a lot of car owners know how to change oil for their car. For others, they don’t have the time to do all this.
If you are the type of car owner who simply ignores these small maintenance works, then it’s not surprising to see your car engine suffering sooner or later.
As the leading auto repair shop in Moreno Valley, we offer fast oil changes for the very busy car owners. We are known for providing the best quality car maintenance service with our years of experience in the business.
We have trained staff that can help your car reach its tiptop condition even if it’s just an oil change that you need.
WE COVER BOTH MAJOR AND MINOR CAR CONCERNS
We’ve been known in the area for providing all sorts of car maintenance and auto repair work for different types of cars. We’ve covered major problems on cars from collision repair and body work to the simplest task of changing the spark plugs. We have a team of experienced and trained mechanics and personnel that can help you get your car in smooth running condition.
PREVENT BIGGER PROBLEMS FROM TAKING PLACE
They say that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This is true especially on our cars. It’s a common attitude among car owners to let minor problems become major problems before going for professional help.
If you find yourself bothered by a hectic schedule or the lack of knowledge in performing maintenance and repair, let Speedy Auto Repair get all the work done. We can provide you with the best in engine diagnostics Inland Empire, to make sure that we accurately pinpoint the problem. With the latest technology, we make sure to save you the time and money by knowing where exactly is the problem in your car’s engine.
We also help car owners make sure that their car gets ready during the annual Moreno Valley car inspection. It’s a yearly concern for a lot of car owners to pass the car inspection. With Speedy Auto Repair’s services, this becomes an easier task since your car is going to be ready for both safety and the emission tests required by the state of California.
If you need scheduled oil change for your car or any maintenance work for that matter, let Speedy Auto Repair help you. You can guarantee the best work done by one of the best auto repair shops in the area. Call us to schedule an appointment!
How to Change Your Oil:
- Find the drain plug located underneath your car. The drain plug is a large nut or plug located under the oil pan at the bottom of the engine. If you can’t reach your oil drain plug easily, you’ll have to either crawl under your car to reach it or jack the car up.
- Put a medium size container under the oil drain plug. Do this so you catch the oil.
- Unscrew the oil drain plug. Use a rag or paper towels to protect your hands, and be ready to move your hand out of the way quickly. The oil will drain out of your engine into the container.
- Remove the cap from the oil filler hole at the top of your engine and unscrew the oil filter. To unscrew the filter, twist it counterclockwise. If you’re unable to do it by hand then try using a wrench. The filter has oil in it, so be careful not to spill it when you remove it. If any fragments of the filter’s rubber seal get on your engine make sure to remove them as soon as possible.
- Empty the oil from the filter into a drain pan.
- Open a new bottle of oil and put the tip of your finger into oil. Use the oil to moisten the gasket on the top of the new oil filter.
- Replace the old filter with the new one. Follow directions on the filter, or turn it gently by hand until it “settles” and then turn it another three-quarters.
- Wipe around the oil drain plug. Do this only after all the oil has drained out.
- Replace the oil drain plug using an adjustable wrench to tighten it. If your vehicle uses an oil drain plug gasket, make sure the old one has been removed and put a new gasket on the pan before you replace the plug.
- Use a funnel to pour all but 1 quart of the fresh oil into the oil filler hole. Pour the oil slowly this way you’ll give it adequate time to run down. Replace the oil filler cap and run the engine for 30 to 60 seconds. Check and make sure there are no leaks from the oil drain plug or around the filter.
- Shut off the engine. Wait 5 to 10 minutes for the oil to settle into the oil pan, and then check the oil level again. Remove the oil dipstick, wipe it with a clean using a lint-free rag, and put it back in, then take it out again and check it.
- Slowly add the oil. Check the stick after each addition until you reach the “Full” line on the dipstick.
- Go for a test drive. Remove the drain pan from under the vehicle and drive the car a couple of blocks.
TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND:
Before you get your car up on a jack, make sure to run your car for a couple of minutes to ensure that the oil in your car is warm. Once the oil is warm then shut off the car.
You want the oil warm because it will flow out easier. The most dangerous part of doing an oil change is lifting the vehicle without the proper equipment. Always make sure you have the proper equipment and if you’re unsure about something – Ask! It’s always good to have a reliable go to person or service station you can rely on for advice.
HOW ARE OIL CHANGES DONE?
Surprisingly, oil changes are one of the most important and inexpensive vehicle maintenance services around. Oil plays a crucial role in keeping your car or truck running smoothly, and if you’re looking to keeping it in tip top shape then you may want to consider spending a little money on routine oil changes because oil changes can help prevent you from spending a lot of money down the road. And no one wants to spend a lot of money if they don’t have to spend it.
An oil change can easily be done in just 15 easy steps. First…
The Supplies You’ll Need are as follows
- Car jack
- Car jack stands (play it safe)
- Wrench to remove drain plug (box end or socket)
Oil filter wrench
- Latex gloves
- Old towel/blanket to catch any oil that leaks or spills
- Sturdy oil drain pan (must be heat safe, preferably with spout)
- Oil filter
- Paper towels